Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Winning and Some Pretty Good Pork Chops!




First of all this evening, I would like to tell you all I am very excited! I won a stash of fabric from Nancy at Silly Stitching. I received it today and there are some beautiful pieces of fabric that I can't wait to use. The wheels are turning in my brain figuring out what I want to do with it. Thanks again Nancy and thanks for getting it in the mail so quickly for me. Tonight, we had pork chops for dinner. Not just any pork chops mind you- Teriyaki Pineapple Pork Chops. They were fantastic. They marinate for several hours and they grill up so juicy and flavorful. You have to try them. Just put 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and the juice drained from an 8oz. can of pineapple rings in a bowl. Mix well and pour in a zip-loc bag with 4 pork chops. I use loin chops but you can use what you normally choose for pork chops. Marinate for up to 8 hours in the fridge. Keep the pineapple rings separate. (They will be grilled up right after the pork chops are done). Grill the pork chops 20-30 minutes basting with the marinade. Grill those pineapple rings before you are done. Place the pineapple rings on the pork and serve. They were a big hit with my family. I served them with baked beans and french fries. And for dessert, I baked up some of these. They were from a mix but they were still pretty good!I wanted to show you one of my finished projects in action. The car trash bag from One Yard Wonders looks just like the picture in the book(minus the dog). If you look back several posts, you will see the page from the book. I thought that was pretty cool! I am presently working on a project from a tutorial from one of my favorite blogs. Hopefully, I will be able to show you tomorrow. Have a great Saturday night and take care. Nancy

4 comments:

  1. What a busy lady you have been. Your sewing project turned out just like the one in the book, too funny. Congrats on the fabric stash WIN. Looks like you have some goodies there to start new projects. Have a creative week!
    I'll pop back in again soon to see what's for dinner :)
    susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Nancy! Sooo many pretties... Beautiful win for your stash and just love the car trash bag. Will there be more cupcakes next time too? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the trash bag! I think this will be my next project from that book.
    I am now a follower of your very creative blog and can't wait to see what you cook up next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This article is interesting and useful. Thank you for sharing. And let me share an article about health that God willing will be very useful. Thank you :)


    Cara Mengobati Gabagen
    Cara Menghilangkan Varises

    ReplyDelete