Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Sense Of Accomplishment

I got some serious sewing done this evening. Someday, I hope to have a real sewing room so I can relax and do more of it, but for now, I do it when I can. I am sure many people are in my position. I do have a little craft room my husband built me in the corner of our living room but it isn't big enough for a sewing machine and ironing board. When I sew, I have to lock my cat away in my bedroom for her own protection. That ironing board and iron are too interesting to her. So I have to listen to her sad cries because she just knows she is missing something! I made a pillow cover for my reading chair on my sunporch. It is a very basic, removable cover but I had to replace my old one because it was faded beyond keeping. It was Mary Engelbreit fabric with a black background and I miss it! I put ball fringe on it so it looked very Mary! But I really love this sunflower fabric I found by Debbie Mumm. I also made a tomato tea cosy. I collect veggies in my kitchen and dining room so I thought this fabric would be perfect with my tomato teapot. Last, but not least, I made a trash bag for my car. The tea cosy and the trash bag came from the One Yard Wonders book. I love that book. There are several other things I want to make from it. Well, I hope everyone is enjoying their weekends. Take Care. Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found you from a comment you left on Artsy-Craftsy Babe's post about reverse applique pillows. You mentioned you made a welcome mat out of freezer paper stencil so I was hoping you had a post about it on your blog! Congratulations on your blog by the way... I started one about my crocheting in Feb. (sunflowerzcrochet.blogspot.com) and have now started a second one about my sewing (sandysewz.blogsot.com).. it is so much fun. I just got that book "One Yard Wonders" in the mail last night and can't wait to try some of the neat projects too. Hope you'll consider posting about your welcome mat, I'd love to know how you did it.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete