Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Time Is A Flyin'













Wow-where is this summer going? I have had a pretty productive and very happy summer. Starting this blog has been a perfect way for me to push myself to finish more projects and that makes me feel great! I made another project from One Yard Wonders. This obi-inspired hot & cold pack was so easy and genius in design. I hope you can see it clearly in the picture-I chose an argyle fabric which makes it difficult to make out how it works. It basically is like a belt with ties and a pocket in the middle that holds a separate pack filled with flaxseeds that can be warmed in the microwave or chilled in the freezer. Put the pack in the envelope and tie it on wherever it is needed. So cool and so functional! One of the things I have enjoyed about my blogging experience is the sharing of ideas by all of you out there. I have been having a blast making recipes and crafts suggested by your posts. From the Kitchen of Bettie Rocker made this Cherry Pecan Bread and I had to try it. It was amazing. I couldn't believe how moist it was. My whole family loved it and it didn't stick around long! I keep seeing beautiful camera straps but I don't have a camera to use them with :( so I was thrilled when I saw a tutorial from A Pretty Cool Life with a little strap for my little beauty. I have many more projects to pick from for my next thing to start. I may switch it up a little and do some painting. I have a lamp to finish that has been waiting in the wings forever! I have a recipe to share with you next time and some pictures of one of the most beautiful gardens I have ever been in. Thanks for taking the time to stop by and take care. Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment