Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Getting Ready for School and Exciting News

I wasn't able to sew or paint (or crochet) anything this week. I was relatively busy with appointments and back to school shopping. My 19 year old was unable to join us, so my 16 year old and I set out. We had to order sneakers for him because they didn't have his size in the style he wanted. I am hoping against all hope that they fit when they arrive in the mail. I don't want to go back there! I did, however, get myself some cute shoes. After all, I am also going back to school. Anyway, you see below most of a morning's worth of shopping with a teenage boy(minus the sneakers of course!) Yesterday, a very good friend came over and was kind enough to help start a perennial garden for me. The picture of the little garden with a fountain is the one by my porch my mother-in-law was kind enough to help me start last fall. I forgot to take a picture while everything was blooming, but it was a great success. Now here is a picture of the area before. Notice the missing shutter-my hubby is making all new shutters for our home. My friend and husband did a fantastic job. This is the same friend, by the way, whose gardens I put on my blog several posts ago. She is a magnificent gardener. And here is the end result. I took this photo in the pouring rain, so it is a little dreary, but I am so thrilled with my new garden. I am so grateful to her(and my husband!). Now for some exciting news.....I am finally getting my craft room! I am doing the happy dance! We have decided to redo our outer living room and my husband is building me a craft room 8ftx12ft. He is doing all the work himself including some built in cabinets for me. I will be including many before and during pictures along the way. I would really appreciate any advice you crafters can give me about what makes your crafting space efficient and cheerful. I have lots of ideas but I love to hear from people who have similar interests as myself. One thing I know, this little girl's new bed is coming in there too! Well, I have a busy week ahead of me. My husband and I are getting away overnight(yay) alone together and I have several more appointments. On our getaway, we are taking a detour to a wonderful quilt shop called Mission Rose so hopefully, I will take some pictures to share and I will have loot to show you! Please comment or email me with any suggestions you feel would make my craft room function well. Have a wonderful Sunday evening and take care. Nancy

3 comments:

  1. Cute shoes! Yay for the new craft room; that will be so awesome!

    Have a good week,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are one busy lady! I am so excited that you are getting your own space. The fact that your hubby is doing the work makes it even more special. You'll be able to get things just right! I think the biggest, greatest thing in a creative space is light. Then just position and size things to your craft. I know for me lots of table space is essential. I can't wait to see the photos of your progress.
    Have a great trip and I 'll pop back in again soon,
    susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that you are getting your own craft area! That is wonderful!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete