Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pumpkins and Prunes-Oh My!


Hi and happy Sunday.  I get so many wonderful ideas from all of you creative bloggers out there.  Recently I came across a blog with the most adorable pumpkin table runner.  I emailed her and asked where I could purchase the pattern and she told me she had gotten it a while ago and told me where it had come from.  I didn't have any luck locating any pattern like it now.  So, I winged it!  I know my stems are longer than the runner I had admired but I really like mine.  Sometimes I rely too much on having a pattern.  I usually go off on my own after starting a project anyway so this time, I came up with the whole thing myself!  I had fun picking out fat quarters in various orange prints.  It was a fun experience and I love that this runner isn't Halloween or Thanksgiving specific, it can be displayed all throughout the Fall.  What do you think?



I also wanted to share the latest Pioneer Woman recipe I have tried.  It is Iny's Prune Cake.   I watch her show on Food Network and, even though I am not a fan of prunes, she made it look amazing. 

 It was good.  It tasted similar to Hermit cookies.  It is a very moist cake with lots of spice.  My favorite part was the homemade caramel icing.  I could have easily licked the pan after I iced the cake! (but I didn't) The cake was a pretty big hit with the family and I was even honest about the ingredients.  Nobody even blinked-what a surprise! Aren't those plates cute?

I got those on clearance at Cracker Barrel last year after Halloween.  They were dirt cheap and I was excited to realize that they fit in a wrought iron holder I have for square dessert plates that go with my everyday stoneware dishes.  Score!  I finally got my Halloween decorations all up and I love the spooky atmosphere as well as the Halloween lights everywhere. 

I hope everyone has a great week and I am looking forward to the Friday Night Sew In next week end.  Take care.                       Nancy

5 comments:

  1. So lovely work!!! Love the colours combinations! Thanks so much for sharing! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
    Happy weekend!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! What a cute idea, I love the colors and how the pumpkins are all joined together! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pumpkin table runner Nancy! You did a great job just winging it!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the runner! very cute! I would love for you to add this to my link-up.
    http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/2012/10/co-hosting-moms-library-link-up_24.html

    Thanks,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pumpkin runner is very seasonal and will brighten your table.

    Christy

    ReplyDelete