Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Friday Night Sew In-October

I am finally getting a chance to post what I made for Friday Night Sew In. 


I got the idea for this adorable Jack pillow from the October 2011 issue of Create & Decorate magazine.  It was fun to make.  I enjoyed the fact that both sewing and painting were involved in this project.  As usual, I tweaked the instructions a bit.  I used freezer paper and made stencils for the parts of Jack.  I free hand painted some of him too.  I loved the effect of the primitive hand stitching all around him.  He is a perfect addition to my Halloween decorations. 

I have to straighten my craft room.  I keep purchasing new sewing books and I am running out of room.  Between that and my cookbooks, I could open a library!  I hope everyone has a great week and I am keeping in my thoughts everyone in the path of the perfect storm that will be hitting the East coast.  I am far enough inland so we are mostly expecting wind and rain-not that I don't worry about massive power outages!  Take care.   Nancy 

8 comments:

  1. Cute pillow!!! I would LOVE for you to share this at my Submarine Sunday link party!

    T'onna @ Submarine Sunday Aboard the USS Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Autumn decoration. Jack is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pillow Nancy!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow looks great - you did such a lovely job (; This are adorable!! Such a good idea...love anything mason jar related (;

    Just found your blog via Sumo's Sweet Stuff and became your most recent follower (: Can't wait to come back for more posts...Hope you have a lovely week!!

    Michele xoxo
    The Homesteading Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fella's name is Jack. He'd just love a pillow like this. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete