Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Halloween Baking without the Calories


Hi and happy Sunday.  I am a little under the weather this evening.  I think the little ones I am around every day have finally infected me with my first sinus infection of the season.  I took it easy today but I was anxious to make the felt stuffed softie "cookies" you see in the picture above.  They were fun and easy.  I found them here:

I love the BHG holiday publications and look forward to getting my hands on them every year.  The Halloween cookies were in there and I thought they were cute.  I would definitely change a few things if I made them again.  The tan felt cookie wasn't big enough to be a border around the "frosting" layer.  I would make the tan pattern substantially bigger next time.  Also, I didn't top stitch because there wasn't enough tan showing.  I also thought the spider web was too plain and I glued a felt spider on there with French knot eyes.  They were fun and I think little kids would love them in their play kitchens as well as I enjoy them as cute holiday decor.  If I were feeling better, I might make some for my class at school. 
 
I also wanted to share an amazing grilled sandwich I made recently. 
 
Trust me, this picture doesn't do it justice.  This is a gouda portabello grilled sandwich and it is very tasty.  I don't know if you know this about me, but I eat many of my meals pretty much meatless.  I occasionally eat some meat but I am very picky about it.  So, the mushrooms in this sandwich are right up my alley!  Portabellos are so beefy tasting, even my husband didn't miss the meat(just so long as I served meat the next night!).  I used the George Forman grill to press the sandwiches and they were delish.  I also made a killer cream of broccoli soup that night but that will have to wait until another time.  
 
I hope you all have a great week.  I think I see a doctor visit in my future this week.  Take care.  Nancy 
 

3 comments:

  1. I think these turned out adorable and like the added spider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute halloween 'cookies' Nancy! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're gorgeous! and i love portabellos yum :)

    ReplyDelete