Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Sunday, September 30, 2012

I Seem to be Wonky Even When I Don't Mean To....

Hi everyone and I hope you all had a great weekend.  I have a birthday coming up this week and am ever closer approaching the big 50!  I will be 48 and officially the older woman in my husband's life as he recently turned 47 and we shared that age for a week and a half.  By the way, he was surprised and very happy with his gift-an ipad.  He was a little upset I had spent so much as we never do that for birthdays but he got over that! 


On to the reason for the title of this blog post.  I sewed a ruffled wristlet with a tutorial from Melanie at Texas Freckles.  I enjoyed making it and I love the fabric I used.  However, when I was done and was pulling it right side out and fluffing the ruffles, I noticed the top ruffle is a little wonky.  I didn't do this on purpose.  I still like it but if I make another one, I think I will measure more carefully and give it an extra once over before I sew.  It is a nice size when you don't need a big purse.  I had some cute fabric with French writing on it that I thought would make a cute ruffled wristlet but maybe I should go with a visually forgiving fabric that won't show any unintentional wonkiness! 

Now for a little something that will make your mouth water.

 I made these yummy hot sandwiches with an awesome recipe from Stephanie O'Dea and her blog A Year of Slow Cooking.  They are peperoncini beef sandwiches.  I used mild banana peppers in the place of peperoncinis and they came out amazing. 
The family loved them.  They were all nice and melty after a trip under the broiler.  My guys all chose to put horseradish sauce on theirs but I had mine plain.  It was plenty juicy for me.  This is definitely a keeper.  It would be great if you had company and wanted something easy but filling.  The leftovers were good too! 
 
Well, I hope you all have a great week.  It is getting very fall-like here in the Northeast and I am not unhappy with that at all.  I love the crisp cool air and the chilly nights.  It is great sleeping weather. 
It also puts me in the baking mood.  I am thinking of making a big batch of muffins this week and freezing some.  What have you been baking?  Take care.                Nancy                                                                                       

12 comments:

  1. Your wristlet is so cute. And those sandwiches look delicious.
    Today I just baked a blueberry tea cake. It was yummo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. Blueberry tea cake sounds delicious.

      Delete
  2. Your wristlet is adorable! Thanks for sharing. I would love if you would share this (and some of your other fun projects) over at my link party going on right now:

    http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-weekly-creative-2.html

    Thanks! Have a nice day :)
    Shannon
    Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon and thanks for the invite.

      Delete
  3. Love that fabric of the wristlet! It's versatile, and yet so perfect for fall :)
    I've given up on having a real purse. Diaper bags hold anything and everything, so a wristlet is what I carry around for keys, cash, etc. I think I might try that once I find the right fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love houndstooth check too. This tutorial was a little fussier than I thought it would be but it was still fun. I am a very impatient sewist!

      Delete
  4. Cute little wristlet - and very tasty lookin food!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy,
    I loved your version of these ruffled wristlet! Love the colours too!Thanks for sharing!
    I'd love for you to visit my blog.

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana, thanks for popping in and I am on my way to see your blog as well.

      Delete
  6. The wristlet is cute. I often have things turn out a little odd. No worries, I always say. Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Can't wait to see what you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, I used the wristlet last weekend and I love its wonkiness anyway! Thanks for hosting your link party.

      Delete