Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Finished Cart Cozy

Do you remember this?  I said I was making a new cover for this cart to replace this very faded but much loved Mary Engelbreit gathered skirt.  Well, I decided to use outdoor canvas which I was assured would not fade.  I have alot of colors in this back porch(as you saw in my last post) so I went with a bold stripe.  The canvas was stiff, so I felt it would be better to go with a tailored look because I didn't think it would gather very well. 


 So, here it is.
I feel like it is missing something.  Maybe it would look nice with some trim around the top.  I will have to put some thought into that and get back to you!  At any rate, it is not faded and functions well-it hides the stuff I store on the shelves of the cart!  I have enough striped canvas fabric left to make some cushions or cover the foot stool seen in the picture below that is presently covered with Mary Engelbreit fabric but is not as faded as the cover was.    
  
I am thinking of making one of those sprocket pillows I have seen around blogland for my porch next.  
Enjoy the rest of your week.  Take care.                        Nancy 

No comments:

Post a Comment