Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Crocheting in the Air Conditioning

I don't know if I mentioned this but, my husband installed central air conditioning in our house last Summer.  I love me some air conditioning!  I had been begging for it most of our marriage.  That is, after all, what hubby does for a living!  Anyway, he has been turning it on these past few weeks and freezing me out.  I don't dare complain!  So, I have been crocheting.  That is a cozy thing to do when you are chilly.

  
A dear friend recently sent me two adorable veggie tea towels.  I love them and decided I wanted to do something else with them other than using them as towels.  I was prowling around youtube and I found a wonderful tutorial on how to crochet a waistband and ties to turn a tea towel into an apron.  It was fairly easy, even for a newbie like me!  I love the apron I created.  The crochet pattern made it gently gather for a nice fit.  Here is a link if you want to check it out:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yVDJ9Dxx_Y&feature=share  .   The hardest part is poking the holes in the towel with your crochet hook for that first row.  I used a tiny "0" metal crochet hook and really took my time.  The rest of the project was quick.  I may do this with the other tea towel or I may do something else.  I haven't decided.  Speaking of crochet, I found this tshirt at Walmart a while ago and I forgot I had it.  It has two of my favorite things on it-crochet and a cat.



I made the yummiest bars recently and I want to share the recipe.


Is your mouth watering?  It would if you knew how amazing these were.  Take a 7x11 baking dish and line it with tin foil, overlapping the edges.  Spray with cooking spray.  Preheat the oven to 400.  Crush up pretzels until you have 2 cups of crumbs.  Add 1/2 cup of melted butter and combine.  Pat in the pan and bake for 10 minutes.  Set off to the side to cool.  Now devote yourself to that amazing caramel filling.  Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/3 cup butter in a heavy saucepan.  Cook over medium high heat until it boils, stirring constantly.  Don't be alarmed if there are brown bits coming off the bottom, just keep stirring.  As soon as it boils, turn it down to low and cook 10 minutes, continuing to stir.  Pour over your pretzel crust and chill at least 30 minutes.  Don't burn your mouth licking the spoon or the pan!  I won't even tell you how it is that I thought to give you this warning!  After you have set the filling by chilling it for a bit, melt a small bag of semi sweet chocolate chips and drizzle over the top, spreading carefully to cover.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  Lift the tinfoil and bars out of the pan and cut into squares.  Enjoy!

Now that June is here, the rest of my school year will fly by.  I am hoping to get through it without missing any more days due to illness.  It looks to be a warm week coming up so that will be nice.  My family had a huge bonfire this weekend and my sons had there friends over so we had a crowd with friends and family.  It was wonderful to be outside enjoying fresh air together.  I slept good last night! Have a great week ahead and take care.  Nancy

24 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute apron, nice project and it keeps you inside during this dreadful heat! The bars look delicious and so yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Happy day………..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض 0500091013 ارخص شركة نقل عفش – إدارة سعودية
    شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض الخليج من خلال شركتنا تستطيع الان اصطحابك اثاثك معك الى دولة الاردن فلدى شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض للاردن الامكانيات والكفاءات التي من خلالها تصطحب معك اثاثك اينما تريدفشركتنا شركه رائده وكبيره وذات خبره لسنوات عديده في مجال نقل الاثاث فينا العماله المدربه والمؤهله لاتمام هذه المهمه بسهوله

    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض عمالة فلبينية
    فالشركة لديها العماله المدربه والمؤهله للتعامل مع جميع أنواع الاثث وجميع أجزاء مفروشات المنزل
    كما ان الشركه لا يقتصر فقط نقلها للأثاث المنزلي بل الشركة أيضا لديها الامتانيات التي تستطيع من خلالها
    نقل اثاث الفنادق والملاعب والنوادي والمكاتب والشركات لتصل الى جميع الطبقات والفئات
    فتقوم الشركة بفك جميع انواع الاثاث واعاده تركيبه مره اخرى بالمكان الجديد
    تغليف الاثاث بالشكل السليم وباجود الخامات المستورده للحفاظ على الاثاث
    تنزيل الاثاث على ايدى متخصصين
    نقل الاثاث عن طريق احدث سيارات نقل مغلقه ومخصصه لنقل الاثاث
    اوناش رفع الاثاث التى تحافظ على الاثاث من الخدوش والتجريحات
    ارخص شركة تخزين اثاث بالرياض
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض من اكبر الشركات التي تقوم بتخزين العفش بالرياض او خارج الرياض
    تستخدم أحسن وأفضل الأدوات في في تغليف العفش فالشركة لا تقوم بالنقل العشوائي او التقليدي
    في نقل الاثاث بل الشركه تستخدم احدث التقنيات والاساليب في مهمة نقل وتخزين الاثاث
    ولديها الكفائات المؤهله والمدربه على كيفية نقل الاثاث بافضل الطرق مع ضمان توفير سبل الامان
    لكل قطعه من الاثاث

    نقل اثاث بالرياض
    [URL=https://elawaeil.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%86%D9%82%D9%84-%D8%A3%D8%AB%D8%A7%D8%AB-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6-%D8%B9%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A9-%D9%81%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A9/]نقل اثاث بالرياض[/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. 2017d7ce4da3516f21c20bcc470c0bd7
    website kurma
    sms onay
    numara onay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 4cbb3b4aeb3fd73cccee07a0eef28e9a
    define dedektörü

    ReplyDelete