Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Flip Flops for Summer

Hi everybody.  Happy Sunday to you!  As you can see from the picture, my kitchen is still moving right along.  My husband is doing a wonderful job and I can tell how it is going to look now and I am excited.  My new cupboards(being added to my existing ones) are being delivered Tuesday and the counter top people are coming a week from Wednesday to make their templates for the cut-outs. I am keeping fingers crossed for a finished kitchen by mid June.



I refashioned a cheap pair of flip flops into something really cute from a tutorial on make it love it.  Nothing says summer like flip flops and I thought it was a good time to start feeling the change in the season.  I am such a nut for toile I couldn't resist going that route with the fabric.  They were easy to make and are really comfortable.  There are another cute pair on Ashley's blog with braided knit strips.  Those will be coming soon!

I thought I would include a picture of the hutch my husband made for his sister.  Here it is assembled and completed in her kitchen.  The last pictures I included of it were on his workbench unassembled and with a few touches left to do.  It turned out so beautiful.  She loves it and now has it filled with dishes my mother in law gave her that have been in my husband's family for a long time.  I love those memories and traditions and how cool that those dishes sit in a piece of furniture her brother made! 

Lastly, I had to share a special find of mine from ebay.  You know how obsessed I am with cats-especially cats in clothes!  Well, I found this fabric and had to get it.  I got a yard and I have no idea what I will make with it but I get a chuckle every time I look at it.  It's the little things isn't it?

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.  I am hoping to get some gardening done this week.  I purchased some flowers I have to get into pots.  I am tired of watering them in the garage!  Take care.         Nancy                                                                                                                     

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your new flip flops Nancy! So fun! and what cute cat fabric! I'm sure you'll find something to make with it!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! Yours are adorable! Would be so cute with a summer dress :)

    ReplyDelete