Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Cutest Little Purse

Happy Easter everyone!  I hope you are having a wonderful family-filled holiday.  I am sad my Spring Break from school is coming to a close.  It is going to be a long haul from now to the end of June! 

I have been having fun in my craft room this week.  I made this cute little purse from the Pretty Little Purses and Pouches book.  I have had my eye on that pattern for a while and I finally made one.  It was fairly quick to make and the instructions were pretty good.  It turned out a little smaller than I thought it would but it is really different with that cool handle.  I bought a pair of beaded handles in my craft store because I couldn't find what the instructions called for locally and didn't want to order one.  I kind of "reinvented" the instructions for the handle straps and was sorry I did.  It almost didn't work-note to self, don't change directions on your first time makings something.  Maybe they are that way for a reason!  Anyway, I don't dress up and go out often, but I have the perfect outfit for this purse right in my closet if I do get a chance. 

I tend to go back to make successful and quick projects over and over again.  Anyone else do the same?  I loved these puzzle bags and they have received such raves, I have been making them frequently.  Here are two more I made.   They are fun.  I have some people on my Christmas list that will be getting one. 

I also had made this key fob to match the tote and glasses case I made for a charity raffle.  I think my D ring was a little big, but I just used what I had on hand.  I am an absolute nut for things that match. 

The last thing I want to share with you is a rare event for me these days.  I went out of my comfort zone and tried a radically new nail polish for this last week. 

It is called Illusion from Avon.  It is like a pearly opal with green tones.  It is chameleon like in nature.  It looks grey when you are holding something grey or blue when it is next to blue.  At first, I hated it but it grew on me.  Please ignore my cuticles in the above picture.  It is time for a touch up.  I may take this color off and go back to my French manicure I am so comfie with now that school is back in session. 

I hope everyone has a great week.  The weather here is chilly but sunny-kind of typical for Spring.  I changed all my bedding and my curtains in my bedroom.  Everything is lighter and brighter in there now-a sure sign of Spring.  Take care.  Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Great minds are thinking alike this evening. Spring break is over tonight, but we only go thru May 10. End of June sounds like FOREVER. AND I used capri blue nail polish on my toesies today to match my Easter outfit- also totally out of my comfort zone, but it made me smile.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purse!!!Nail polish looks like what I have on now.....yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great purse Nancy! - nice nail polish too! Always nice to try something new for a change!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That purse handle is fantastic! I really want to try making some of those puzzle bags. They just look like so much fun for kids.
    Shiloh
    everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your purse turned out so pretty and yes, that handle is awesome. Thanks for sharing at our party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I love that key fob idea! :] and I love puzzle bags!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Nancy! I'll sometimes change up a pattern midway and wish I would have just left well enough alone too. Happy your handles worked out well though! Thank you for sharing with my party!

    ReplyDelete