Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Monday, April 11, 2011

Beautiful Spring Weather and Some Sewing

It is early on this Monday morning and it is already 62 degrees!  Could it be we are finally putting Winter behind us?  I actually enjoy Winter but enough is enough!  Let's hope we turned a corner. 

When I first saw ruffled aprons in blogland, I was smitten to say the least.  Morgan at One More Moore did a tutorial on how to make one.  She gives great thorough instructions on her tutorials so I copied it off and planned to make one some day.  Well some day finally came!  I confess I am not the best gatherer(is that a word?) for making ruffles but I think it turned out cute.  I don't know if I mentioned it but my kitchen is all done in veggies-I have quite the collection.  I had these veggie fabrics and thought the vibrant colors would look really cool together.  I like it.  When I was arranging my craft room I found a kit to make a bug jar quilt that I had purchased off from ebay.  It has all the "I spy" veggie fabrics instead of bugs so it will look like canning jars with vegetables in them.  They are mini sized so it should be quick to make.  That may be something I could work on over my vacation-I have three more days to work(not that I am counting!) and I am off for a week and three days total. 



I also made this reversible tissue box cover yesterday.  The instructions are from Amy Butler and it was easy-I may make a few more!  My husband keeps the tissues on his bedside table because my side is always too full with pictures, remotes, hand lotion(you know the stuff).  So, for the last ten years or so, he had this large honkin box of tissues with a cardboard cover I covered with wallpaper samples.  It never covered the whole box and there was no reason not to down-size the box of tissues.  Well, it was time!  I change my comforter and curtains and pillows in my bedroom every six months.  I have a set for summer, and one for winter.  Now I can change the tissue cover too!  Isn't it funny how little things can make us giddy?! 



I think I finally took a picture of Mickey that doesn't look so stern!  She drags her toys all over the house and we frequently wake up and find them in our bed!  Shortly after I took this, she zonked out and I snapped this:

Isn't she something?  Pets add so much to our lives.  I just love her! 

I hope everyone has a great week and I hope it is getting warmer and Springy wherever you are.  Take care and happy crafting.   Nancy
  

9 comments:

  1. I love your ruffled apron - it's so bright and cheery!

    ~Andrea
    www.addicted2tutes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great apron - and tissue box cover! I love that it's reversible too!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what an adorable apron! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing & linking up with Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty! i love all the bright colors. and, of course, ruffles are ALWAYS a good idea :)

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday! Although PS- the image didn't show up properly, you may want to stop back and try again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the ruffled apron.. I want to make me one of those. Thanks so much for telling about your crafting space. I went and took a look at your posts about it. I really love that ironing board your hubby made... maybe I can talk mine into making me one for my room! I like the countertop you have, that would be perfect for sewing. Thanks again for your help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute apron!!! And those kleenex holders are great, I really need to make some for myself! Thanks for linking to fabric Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing at Make Something Mondays! Can't wait to see what you have this week!!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. That apron is too darn cute. You did a great job as a ruffler and I think we should make that a word if it isn't. :) I really am drawn in by those bright fun colors.
    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my funky garden tables.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not only did we get a cute skirt but a cute kitty belly too! That rules. Thank you so much for posting at the Beagle.

    ReplyDelete