Cherish Yesterday...Dream Tomorrow...Live Today

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I hope everyone is having a great Valentine's Day.  My little ones at school had their party and exchanged valentine cards.  They were all so excited!  

I painted a cute night light for my craft room.  It looks like a sewing machine doesn't it? (I am my worst critic!)  I am really enjoying getting back into painting. I have all kinds of projects lined up.  There are so many things I want to make for Spring and Summer, inside and out.

                                                  
I have an amazing recipe for you.  It is called Spaghetti Pie.  I know the picture may not be the prettiest, but it really is yummy.  First, I saute a chopped onion, chopped green pepper and a can of sliced mushrooms in a tablespoon of olive oil and a pat of butter.  At the same time, cook a pound of spaghetti.  Drain the spaghetti.  In a large bowl, whisk 4 eggs and 1/4 cup of milk.  Add the cooked spaghetti and the sauteed vegetables to the eggs and milk.  Combine.  Fold in 1/2 pound diced Velveeta and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.  Spoon into a 13 x 9 dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Press down with the back of a spoon.  Bake 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Cut into squares and serve with warmed Marinara sauce.  Even the leftovers are good!      
 Well, I bought a serger book and decided to follow the path advised by the author.  I am starting at the beginning and building my serger skills and knowldge with each project.  I started with a project I didn't really want to do, but it was the suggested first project, so I found a place for it.   


It really was easy and it was fun to get a feel for the machine.  I was surprised at how much thread I went through but I love the neatly finished edges. 

 This is the book I was telling you about(I know, I know-another book!!)
TaDah!! I made a cord cover.  I had some fabric left over from pillow covers I had made so I thought-why not use that?  The serger is really pretty cool.  I have a question for all you serger users: Should I get an attachment for my vacuum to clean it out after each use or use canned air?  I have read both suggestions.  The book above said canned air just blows all the fuzz and strings into the mechanisms of the machine and cause trouble but the serger manual says to use that.  I saw a cute vacuum attachment for less than $10 that said it was for just this purpose.  Please let me know what your experience has taught you. 

Have a great week everyone.  Happy crafting and take care!   Nancy

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are really learning how to serge.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete